Calleigh's Clips and Crochet Creations
1) List a short blurp about yourself! Ie: married, children, location, etc.
My name is Elisabeth Spivey. I've been married for 3 years and we have two sweet kiddos a boy and a girl. We are located in .
2) Whats the name of your handmade business and why is it named that way?
The name of my business is Calleigh's Clips and Crochet Creations
3) What do you specialize in?
I specialize in accessories for babies and children. I make crochet hats and headbands, Ribbon Bows, clips and lots of other items like dresses, jewelry and random crochet items
4) What made you want to venture into the world of handmade sales?
I started because I was laid off from a practically position. It was a Work At Home job through a special circumstance working as an Admin Assit. for a small contract company. It paid well and let me stay home and raise my kids. When the economy went down the company got to slow to keep me on. At the time I made more than my sweet hubby so we were drastically hit in our finances and well to top it off I was 6 months prego. I wasn't looking to get out into the work field anytime soon. I really wanted to stay home. I thought this would be a perfect time to try the things I loved to do most.
5) Where is your "office" located?
My "office" is in two place. We have a little nook area in our home that I like to make my bows in and sew. My other office is in the big blue chair in the living room where I love to crochet!
6) What is your most favorite item you have made or make?
Picking out a favorite item for me its hard. I'm having alot of fun making different types of crochet animal earflap hats.
7) What other passions do you have?
I love music. I love sing and to play piano! It's also been my second adventure this past year. I had the opportunity to teach piano part time at the Bible College I attended. I'm very excited to start up again in the fall.
8) What are some of your favorite things? Ie: color, food, place, etc.
My favorite color is green although I'm partial to anything Black & White. My favorite type of food is Mexican. The place I love to visit is Colorado. My most favorite thing to do is play piano.
9) Who inspires you? This is a very general question for a reason!
I'm most inspired by my mother. She's always been crafty so I learned alot from her. She is the one who encouraged me to try to sell my items. I'm also inspired my kiddos. I just wish I had all their energy :)
10) What do you want people to think/see/feel when they look your handmade things up?
I want people to know that they have received a handmade item just for them. I take pride in what I do and strive to be perfect. I want them to know I only use the best. For instance I would never use cheap itchy yarn. I make sure it's soft and snuggly and beautiful. I want them to feel special because many times is a One of a kind Item customized just for them.
Find more from her at...