Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crafters Q&A #1 CrazySocks Crochet

I decided to have a little fun while also trying draw attention to my blog, blog more often, gain followers, and open your eyes to some of my fellow crafters. On my page Crochet Medley on Facebook, I have a discussions tab in which there is a Q&A for anyone that is interested in being "featured" here. So here goes nothing!!! My first feature crafter is...

Danyel of CrazySocks Crochet 
 
Here are the answers submitted by CrazySocks
 
 
1) List a short blurp about yourself! Ie: married, children, location, etc.
My name is Danyel.  I've been married for 5 years.  We have 2 children.  My husband is in the army & we are currently stationed at Ft.Bragg, NC.

2) Whats the name of your handmade business and why is it named that way?
CrazySocks Crochet.  CrazySocks was my screen name back when I was in H.S.  When I first signed up for Etsy, I didn't know that my login name would also be my shop name, but I decided that CrazySocks Crochet sounded pretty cool, so I kept it.

3) What do you specialize in?
Hats, Crochet Patterns

4) What made you want to venture into the world of handmade sales?
I have a severe crochet addiction, and a severe money deficiency.  No, but seriously... I crochet A LOT & when people started to become interested in buying stuff from me, I figured, "Why not?" and it was all uphill from there.

5) Where is your "office" located?
I mainly crochet at the kitchen table while my kids either watch TV or play in the back yard.  I have an enormous yarn stash in my bedroom though.  ha ha

6) What is your most favorite item you have made or make?

I love to make hats, and hot pads.  But mostly hats.  Especially tiny little newborn hats.

7) What other passions do you have?
I like to watch movies, listen to music, play with my kids... I really don't have any other hobbies or anything.  I just enjoy my time with my friends and family... when I'm not crocheting, of course.

8) What are some of your favorite things? Ie: color, food, place, etc.
My favorite color is Rainbow.  My favorite food is spaghetti.  My favorite sports are baseball and bowling.  My favorite animals are giraffes. :)

9) Who inspires you? This is a very general question for a reason!
Other WAHMs inspire me.  It's wonderful to be surrounded by so many other hard-working moms who take care of their families, and are able to manage an at-home business.  I know some moms are busier than others, but more importantly... they've all found something they LOVE to do, and they're DOING it. :)

10) What do you want people to think/see/feel when they look your handmade things up?
I want people to think that my items are fun & colorful, and reasonably priced.  I want adults to be able to have all the fun & cute things that you can usually only buy for kids... but I also want kids to have some of the more sophisticated things that are usually only made for adults.  :)




Interested in learning and seeing more from Danyel?? She can be found at the fallowing places...

Etsy Shop
Artfire Shop 
Crazy Socks Crochet Blog 
CrazySocks Crochet on Facebook 

3 comments:

  1. I hiighly reccomend crochet socks, I have bought items and patterns from her and get compliments on the bag all the time! Love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a great idea, Erin...I love this! I really want her owl hat! For me!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete