Danyel of CrazySocks Crochet
Here are the answers submitted by CrazySocks
1) List a short blurp about yourself! Ie: married, children, location, etc.
My name is Danyel. I've been married for 5 years. We have 2 children. My husband is in the army & we are currently stationed at Ft.Bragg, NC.
2) Whats the name of your handmade business and why is it named that way?
CrazySocks Crochet. CrazySocks was my screen name back when I was in H.S. When I first signed up for Etsy, I didn't know that my login name would also be my shop name, but I decided that CrazySocks Crochet sounded pretty cool, so I kept it.
3) What do you specialize in?
Hats, Crochet Patterns
4) What made you want to venture into the world of handmade sales?
I have a severe crochet addiction, and a severe money deficiency. No, but seriously... I crochet A LOT & when people started to become interested in buying stuff from me, I figured, "Why not?" and it was all uphill from there.
5) Where is your "office" located?
I mainly crochet at the kitchen table while my kids either watch TV or play in the back yard. I have an enormous yarn stash in my bedroom though. ha ha
6) What is your most favorite item you have made or make?
I love to make hats, and hot pads. But mostly hats. Especially tiny little newborn hats.
7) What other passions do you have?
I like to watch movies, listen to music, play with my kids... I really don't have any other hobbies or anything. I just enjoy my time with my friends and family... when I'm not crocheting, of course.
8) What are some of your favorite things? Ie: color, food, place, etc.
My favorite color is Rainbow. My favorite food is spaghetti. My favorite sports are baseball and bowling. My favorite animals are giraffes. :)
9) Who inspires you? This is a very general question for a reason!
Other WAHMs inspire me. It's wonderful to be surrounded by so many other hard-working moms who take care of their families, and are able to manage an at-home business. I know some moms are busier than others, but more importantly... they've all found something they LOVE to do, and they're DOING it. :)
10) What do you want people to think/see/feel when they look your handmade things up?
I want people to think that my items are fun & colorful, and reasonably priced. I want adults to be able to have all the fun & cute things that you can usually only buy for kids... but I also want kids to have some of the more sophisticated things that are usually only made for adults. :)
Interested in learning and seeing more from Danyel?? She can be found at the fallowing places...
Crazy Socks Crochet Blog
CrazySocks Crochet on Facebook