Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crafter Q&A #4 SarahStitches

 Sarah Palmeter of SarahStitches
Here are the answers submitted by Sarah's Stitches

1) List a short blurp about yourself! Ie: married, children, location, etc.  I have been married to Steve for 12 years and have 2 boys, ages 9 and 5. I live in rural SE Lower Michigan.

2) Whats the name of your handmade business and why is it named that way? Sarah's Stitches, simply because my name is Sarah and it is a sewing business

3) What do you specialize in? Custom fabric purses, totes and accessories

4) What made you want to venture into the world of handmade sales? I had seen so many handmade purses that really didn't seem that great to me for the price! I thought I could do a better job for a lower price.

5) Where is your "office" located? In the finished basement of my home

6) What is your most favorite item you have made or make? A custom purse and checkbook cover set for my mom!

7) What other passions do you have? Gardening, cleaning, organizing, and most of all spending time with my family!

8) What are some of your favorite things? Ie: color, food, place, etc.
Favorite colors are green and orange. Favorite food could be anything! I love to try new things! My favorite place would be outside.

9) Who inspires you? This is a very general question for a reason! I get my inspiration from so many sources: my kids, my mom, nature. I pull inspiration from my surroundings.

10) What do you want people to think/see/feel when they look your handmade things up?
I'm hoping they see the amount of time and dedication that goes into each one of a kind piece!

I love a good challenge, and enjoy figuring out how to create things from just a picture. I generally don't use patterns, but rather enjoy making it up as I go along and seeing what I come up with! I find I do my best work this way!
Want to see more from Sarah???
She can be found at the fallowing places

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me and my little business!

    ReplyDelete